Our client is an International Bank located in Downtown Manhattan. They are looking for a Data Analyst with AML experience to join their Compliance department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant disciplines such as Information Systems and/or Computer Science degree.
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering, or other quantitatively-rigorous discipline, a plus.
- Applicable professional certifications, a plus. Knowledge of, and experience supporting BSA/AML initiatives, including Sanctions (OFAC) Screening.
- Working knowledge of relevant BSA/AML and Sanctions (OFAC) business systems such as Actimize, Detica, Norcom, and/or GIFTS.
- Knowledge of financial and banking products, policies, operations and applicable procedures.
- Knowledge of or exposure to federal, state and local BSA/AML/OFAC laws and regulations.
- Strong communication and partnering skills for working with both Technology, Compliance and Line of Business (“LOB”) (facilitating meetings and key conversations, documenting meetings and action items for publication and tracking, driving actions and initiatives on behalf of Compliance Team).
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a regulatory/analytical risk management environment; specifically, 2 or more years of relevant experience in BSA/AML or OFAC regulatory compliance; at least 5 years overall performing systems analytical work.
- Work under the direction of the Senior Compliance Data Analytic, System Maintenance, & Testing and CCO & BSA/AML/OFAC Officer.
- Act as liaison between IT and Compliance Department.
- Partner with Compliance BSA/AML/OFAC Analysts and Investigators to understand their workflow and to utilize their feedback and, where appropriate, to strengthen the quality of the work product, and systems environment
- Partner with Business Line (“BL”) and local technology and compliance to fully understand Branch product offerings, compliance functions, and where the compliance personnel can provide value in terms of risk coverage and mitigation.
- Ability to evaluate the compliance systems and determine the process for resolution, and enhancements.
- Identify data issues and assist in formulating and tracking to resolution.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (“UAT”) on behalf of Compliance Department.
- Assist the BSA/AML/OFAC Risk Assessment Manager to obtain the necessary data for use in the BSA/AML and OFAC (sanctions) Risk Assessments.
- Create professional program/reporting documentation in support of BSA/AML Transaction Monitoring, OFAC filtering and related reporting.
- Prepare documentation and metrics and generate periodic reporting for US Regulators, Compliance Committee and the Bank’s Head Office functions, including relevant Bank Risk Committees. Timely response to ad hoc data requests and reporting.
- Maintain Change Management process and documentation.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), and organizational skills.
- Ability to influence in a large complex organization.
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to update manuals, policies, or procedures, as necessary, to further enhance Compliance Related systems.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, Visio, Teradata/Oracle SQL and SAS.
- Ability to document business requirements, conduct and document user acceptance testing, problem solve, ensure quality, and make procedural improvements.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
Job Order ID: 1308