AML/Compliance Analyst Job Summary:
The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the Branch’s Compliance Program and functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the branch. The position ensures the Branch is in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s Code of Conduct. Compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements. In addition, the Compliance Officer will provide strategic advice regarding the regulatory and compliance environment, technical guidance on specific compliance matters, and supervision of the Compliance Department. Modify procedures and manuals as needed and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Supports the Branch’s chief compliance officer and compliance program, including policies, procedures, systems monitoring, technology-based controls, as well as compliance monitoring and testing. Ensure the semi-annual compliance reports are completed and sent to Head Office in June and December.
- Assist the CCO in implementing the policies & procedures developed by Head Office;
- Assess and monitor the compliance risks associated with the Branch’s business activities, operations, and products and services.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Perform Compliance Risk Assessments and review results with executive and senior management.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Collaborate with other divisions to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with Legal representatives as needed to resolved respective legal compliance issues.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other divisions to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Maintains an effective compliance communication program for the Branch, including understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in banking compliance or regulatory roles.Familiarity with compliance monitoring and testing systems.
- Full knowledge of applicable laws and regulations impacting consumer and commercial compliance.
- Strong regulatory relationships; existing credibility with regulators is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with executive management.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office suite.
Education + Experience
CRCM, CAMS, or similar certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required