Assist the Senior Audit Manager (SAM) to organize and implement the New York Branch’s internal audit work, supervise and manage the work of internal audit outsourcing organization(s), supervise the remediation of findings and guide and mentor the IA Associate.
- Assist in organizing the risk assessment of New York Branch annually, ensuring the audit program conforms to local regulatory requirements and implement the program after being approved by HO.
- Assist the SAM to manage the relationship with the Branch’s regulators and examiners.
- Assist in the delivery of compliance-related and non compliance-related audits, based on the critical assessment of the business and the governance, risk and internal control frameworks.
- Assist in monitoring and managing the internal audit outsourcing projects, tracking the audit outsourcing institution(s)’ working performance, monitor the outsourcing projects’ working progress and changing personnel situation, evaluate the quality of internal audit outsourcing projects.
- Lead the issue tracking process to ensure the remediation plan stays on track; bring any issues or difficulties to the attention of the SAM.
- Drive the coordination and collaboration of a consistent delivery of audit work across the NY Branch’s businesses and functions.
- Assist SAM in the assessment of planned controls for high risk project activities and recommend appropriate project life cycle controls to ensure end results do not pose undue organizational risks.
- Assist the SAM to manage the continuous monitoring program, ensuring is effectively carried out.
- Understand and keep abreast of the changes in the business and regulatory environment impacts of the Bank’s governance framework.
- Assist the SAM in conducting analysis on the Branch’s main operating risk assessment and related risk issues, and report to management.
- Maintain dialogue and communication with senior management on the major plans, projects and structural changes that will impact their business by participating in committee meetings as non-voting member.
- Verify that relevant information obtained from management/stakeholders relating to significant changes in the business environment and the internal control framework are timely included in the IA Risk Assessment.
- Help promote a culture of continuous learning and development within audit including technical and non-technical skills.
- Promote and facilitate the use of best banking practices, sharing knowledge to improve job quality.
- Verify the audit issues tracking process to ensure identified risks/issues are addressed by Branch’s management.
- Review and discuss external consultants’ audit reports for conclusions for each audit conducted, ensuring reports accurately reflect audit findings documented in audit working papers.
- Ensure external consultants’ risks, conclusions and recommendations are reasonable and well-based and all audit reports are prepared in an efficient, timely and concise manner.
- Assist in the development of the annual audit plan and manage the successful completion of the plan; identify audit process improvements to increase effectiveness.
- Verify compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with Bank’s established Policies and regulatory standards; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Maintain Bank’s internal control standards including timely implementation of internal and external audit recommendations together with any issues raised by US Regulators.
- Play an integral role in annual as well as ongoing audit planning and execution of the audit plan.
- Assist the SAM in completing all other work related to internal audit according to the local regulatory authorities or Head Office Audit Bureau’s requirements.
- Successfully complete the required IA 40-hour annual training, including the Branch’s mandatory BSA/AML and OFAC trainings.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Audit, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of U.S. laws and regulations as it relates to the banking industry.
- Experience with international bank, CPA or CIA preferred.
- Strong organizational, managerial communication and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of the business, risks and related controls within areas of responsibility.
- Excellent listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Diligent, high attention to details and pressure-resistant.
Job Order ID: Perm 1503