Job Title: AML Assistant Compliance Officer
Reports to: AML Manager
Responsibility includes all areas of Anti-money Laundering
- Maintain all sections of the Compliance policies and procedures
- Member of the Branch Compliance Committee
- Provide and maintain a compliant working environment by adhering to all laws, regulations and ethical standards and to lead by example
- Incumbent must keep up with current events as they relate to Laws and Regulations. This can be achieved through outside training as well as direct updates from regulatory agencies.
- Informs AML Manager of any potential regulatory compliance shortfalls.
- Opines on any new regulatory pronouncements or changes and potential impact they may have on the Branch or Bank.
- Prepares and reports on issues to the Branch Compliance Committee
- Conduct online research on transaction parties.
- Use E-gift EDD and ICS system to conduct suspicious activity inquiry.
- Review system-generated alerts for potential suspicious activity.
- Compile appropriate supporting documentation (transaction csv & internet research) with the alert investigations.
- Analyze investigation evidence and findings, and make proper judgment on potential suspicious activities.
- Draft SAR narratives (i.e. for New SARs and 90 day SAR reviews).
- Assist in filling out the SAR Form based on SAR narrative.
- Assist and support the AML team in other duties such as statistic collecting, analysis, report drafting and SAR filing.
- Perform other compliance related duties as required
- Familiarity with U.S. Laws and Regulations
- Superior written and verbal skills in order to communicate with senior management and staff.
- Ability to comprehend changes to laws and regulations including reporting impact of changes to senior management
- Must be computer literate especially using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Certification as an Anti-money laundering specialist