Reports to: SVP
- Work with Senior Management to develop and implement enhancements to Compliance Risk Management Framework using Open Pages and maintain such Framework in line with FRB SR 8-08 and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Perform reviews and maintain Policy, Procedures and Operating Manuals inventory for NY Branch and applicable Head Office initiatives. Ensure alignment with regulatory requirements, line-of-business policies and bank policies.
- Maintain related compliance procedures and provide assistance in the development and maintenance of supporting policies, procedures and operating manuals.
- Perform research on rules/regulations and work directly with all functional business lines, and affiliates to collaborate on business processes and ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are developed in a compliant manner.
- Maintain Regulatory Change Management Process, aid in the creation and reporting of Regulatory Action Plans and assist in the performance of the Regulatory Compliance Sub-Committee.
- Monitor and report on new regulatory guidance and provide support to ensure that regulatory guidance is incorporated into existing practices.
- Interact with regulators as needed and also assist in the oversight of internal and external Compliance audits.
- Responsible for assisting in development and implementation of Head Office and Bank initiatives.
- Perform legal research on applicable laws, regulations and guidelines in conjunction with new products evaluation, as needed.
- Create management reports and KRI/KPIs as required.
Specific Education level, knowledge, experience and personality traits required to perform in this position:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree, JD a plus
Work Experience: 5-7 years experience in financial services with deep understanding of banking regulations and compliance risk management standards. In-depth knowledge of Investment Banking/Trust/Custody/Asset Servicing Banking.
SKILLS: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organization and analytical skills. Highly skilled at evaluating risk and controls. Heightened understanding of regulatory compliance requirements applicable to foreign banks in the US.
Systems: Open Pages, Lexis Nexis, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Lotus Notes and Internet Explorer.