Serve as a primary contact for loans, administrative and operational matters for a portfolio of customers.
Assist the account officers for credit related issues (financials spreadsheets, usage of lines).
Interface with customers, the Letter of Credit Department and with Correspondent Banks overseas to obtain necessary information to manage the issuance of L/Cs/ Guarantees.
- Fluency in English and French
- Knowledge of financial analysis and of banking operations
- Knowledge of letters of credit would be a plus
- Interest in developing
- Attentive and courteous Customer Service
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management skills for multi-tasking
- Keen attention to
- Reactive to customer and internal requests
- The ability to collaborate with other Bank
- Ability to work on projects without
- Ability to take ownership of a project and see it through to the
Flexibility to back up other Assistants in their absence or where needed
- a) Operational
- Obtain from customers the necessary legal and tax information to open accounts
- Prepare cover letters, with KYC documents (General Resolutions, signature cards and other administrative documents), and follow-up for receipt of these documents from customers.
- Ability to monitor transactions and upload them in Actimize
- Give customers quotes for investments/loans.
- Prepare investment/loan memos and ensure that the corresponding transaction is accurately
Upon instruction from customer, prepare transfer/FX vouchers and ensure that the transactions are accurately funded and booked.
- Follow-up on receipt of
- Advise Money Market of any significant funds
- Take advantage of regular customer contacts to derive an impression of customers’ cash posture, sensitivity to interest rates,
- Interface with the customers and the letters of credit departments in New York and Paris to prepare drafts of letters of credit, securing approvals for the definitive version.
- b) Credit Related
- Follow-up for receipt of financials
- Input financial information in spreadsheets, Calife, Fact…
- Provide written or oral Credit References for customers upon request and ensuring that the information maintained is up to
Update of monthly/quarterly compliance sheets.
All staff are to perform their responsibilities in accordance with BSA/AML guidelines in accordance with the Branch Compliance Manual and as reviewed during annual Compliance training. Suspicious activity may occur anywhere in the bank and be reported by any employee.
- Update of monthly/quarterly customer
- Obtain KYC documentation
- Perform EDD if needed
- Prepare and update risk assessment forms
- Obtain US Patriot Act Certifications upon opening of accounts
Perform OFAC and PEP checks