Our client is a Consumer Bank based in New Jersey. They are looking for a Director of Regulatory Compliance Audit to join their team.
In this role, the Director of Regulatory Compliance Audit manages the completion of the annual Internal Audit Plan by independently planning and conducting internal audits from start to finish; assigning, reviewing and supervising work of staff auditors; and, conforming to Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Audit activities include: pre-audit planning and audit program drafting; identification and assessment of risks; designing and completing testing of internal controls and operating procedures; reviewing for compliance with bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements; drafting initial findings and audit reports; and providing sound recommendations for improvements or corrective action. The Director of Regulatory Compliance Audit will also assist in the administration of Internal Audit and the Board of Directors’ Audit and Risk Committee activities.
- Structure and execute efficient and effective audits.
- Identify potential risk, including awareness of risks both within span of control as well as enterprise-wide
- Assign and review the work of audit team members for assigned engagements in coordination with the SVP Chief Auditor
- Assess the state of the governance, risk management, and control environment aspects relevant to that risk
- Report results in an effective and timely basis, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk
- Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry standard methodologies, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
- Effectively handle partner relationships to a mutually accountable, productive, supportive, and trusted level
- Ten or more years of internal audit experience
- Experience with the financial industry and related markets, regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends, specifically in the area of consumer compliance
- Deep knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit execution
- Showed strength in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit data analytics, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Required – Accounting or Finance Preferred
- Experience working with financial industry regulators, including OCC, FRB, and FINRA