Local Financial Institutions – Relationship Manager (Professional)
The Department has a functional report to Head Office Financial Institutions Dept.
Address the need for local oversight and accountability for managing the Client’s correspondent banking business booked on the client books and to know, maintain and oversee all Client Financial Institution (“FI”) relationships, which include US Financial Institution (“US FI”) Customers, Foreign Financial Institution (“FFI”) Customers and Non-Customer Financial Institution Relationships as well as client affiliates.
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Strong business development skills.
- Knowledge of accounting or finance, including credit analysis.
- Knowledge of correspondent banking and trade finance business and with SWIFT messaging.
- Risk analysis skills.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong partnering skills for working with both Branch and Head Office Business and Compliance departments, as required.
- Knowledge of financial and banking products, policies, operations and applicable procedures.
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively identify and develop customer relationships with clients/prospects.
- Ability to create appropriate financial solutions that meet both the customer’s needs and the client’s requirements.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in banking, preferably financial institution business, accounting or finance.
- Formal credit training from a U.S. Bank, a plus.
Scope and Purpose
- Coordinate closely with the Branch’s General Manager, the Client’s Financial Institutions Team to establish, support, and maintain and overseeing the FIs relationships.
- Develop close relationships with Branch FIs clients.
- Consistent with the Bank’s policies and procedures, identify desirable candidates for banking services and call on appropriate decision makers to obtain mandates for new business.
- Understand and cross-sell the Bank’s products and services, when appropriate.
- Serve as liaison between Head Office Departments and the Branch with regards to US FI and Customers and Non-Customer accounts held at the Branch.
- Maintain an oversight of the FIs’ activities, changes in risk profile, and needs.
Scope and Purpose
- Primary responsibility for performing the Branch’s Know Your Customer (KYC)/Customer Identification Program (“CIP”), including Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”), General Due Diligence (“GDD”), Enhanced Due Diligence (“EDD”) and customer risk rating processes, for US FIs opening an account at the NY Branch and for the onboarding of non-customer Correspondent Banking relationships.
- Review Head Office KYC/CIP information, including documentation, and utilize it as a foundation for completing the Branch KYC/CIP process and liaise with Head Office and with Client affiliates to collect all the relevant information related to all FI relationships, including USD clearing relationships
- Utilize the information collected through the KYC/CIP process to assign a risk rating based on the methodology used by the Branch and escalate to Head Office any discrepancies between risk ratings calculated at the Client and at Head Office.
- Perform within the required time periods then Periodic Reviews of US FI and FFI Customer and Non-Customer Correspondent Banking relationships (informing the Client’s Compliance Committee about any delays) and escalate to the CCO & BSA/AML/OFAC Officer any potentially suspicious activity identified while conducting the Periodic Reviews.
- Coordinate with the Head Office “Customer Operational Management Support” to verify whether a prospective FI client has been already approved by Head Office. If not, request Head Office “Customer Operational Management Support” to provide the new FI anagraphic opening (including providing any additional documentation as required by Head Office).
- Analyze the KYC dossier and submit it for approval of the CCO & BSA/AML/OFAC Officer, as and when required by internal regulation.
- Remain up-to-date with requirements for new customers, existing customers, non-customer accounts, affiliates, and subsidiaries, including any changes to the Know Your Customer (“KYC”) Policies and Procedures.
- Promptly respond to Requests for Information (“RFI”) submitted by Compliance (Branch or Head Office) regarding any customer’s transaction in accordance with established service level agreements.
- Liaise with other Business Units, both at the Branch and Head Office to obtain the necessary information to respond to an RFI.
- Working with other stakeholders, recommend whether the correspondent banking relationships are to be maintained or exited.
- Participate in evaluating US FI and FFI Customer and Non-Customer risk in the BSA/AML and Sanctions (OFAC) risk assessments.
Scope and Purpose
Reporting and Committee Memberships
- Prepare documentation and metrics, as required, to inform management and/or the CCO of the status of proposed and ongoing US FI and FFI Customer and Non-Customer relationships, including U.S. Dollar Clearing relationships, and any anomalies regarding activity.
- Compile and submit metrics regarding the Branch’s US FI and FFI Customer and Non-Customer relationships business.
- Participate as a voting member in the Branch’s Compliance Committee.
Job Order ID: 1231