Summary/Objective: Assist Deputy Chief Executive & COO in monitoring results of operations and other activities of the Client for all aspects of operational risk management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in management committees: Asset/Liability Risk Management, Compliance Management Committee, Product Development and IT Steering Committees
- Prepare reports for management summarizing operational risk positions
- Assess adherence to policies and procedures with respect to internal limits and risk management controls
- Make recommendations for changes in policies and procedures to identify, measure and control operational and regulatory risks inherent to core business.
- Assist Product Managers in identifying risks for new products under development and in designing procedures to measure and monitor risk exposure
- Assist Department Managers in implementing procedural changes to improve controls
- Monitor action taken to address recommendations received from regulatory examiners and external and internal auditors
- Assist in the annual review and update of the Enterprise Risk Management Policy
- Monitor and assess the Third-Party Vendor Risk Management program
- Monitor and assess the Data Privacy and Identity Theft Prevention programs
- Monitor and assess the Business Continuity Process including the annual test and update of the Business Resumption Plan
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of accounting software; database software; internet software; spreadsheet software and word processing software. Ability to program in Microsoft Access preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from groups of managers
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Operations Risk Management Department
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Attend conferences and visit California branches (approximately once a year) and New York branches (approximately twice a year)
Required Education and Experience:
[Indicate education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.]
- MBA or equivalent from a recognized university
- Five years’ related experience and/or training
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
[Indicate required certifications, licensing or registration]
Proficient in written and spoken English
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The employee understands and agrees that he/she may be required to perform additional duties as assigned by his/her supervisor or Manager.