Position Reports to (Title): OFAC Compliance Officer
Positions Supervised (Title): N/A
Position Description/Overview: Sanctions Analyst who has extensive knowledge in BSA/AML Compliance and Sanctions.
Must be detail oriented, diligent and able to work under pressure.
A Sanctions analyst is responsible for –
- Conducting sanctions screening of real time transactional hits in E-gifts for potential sanctions violations;
- Investigating non-obvious false positives, true positive hits, and escalating for further review and approval;
- Perform ad-hoc screenings to include vendors, 3rd party payees, etc.;
- Perform periodic screening of customers, beneficial owners, and connected parties;
- Reviewing and screening trade finance related documents (including red-flags);
- Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis;
- Aiding in reconciliations, lookbacks, and remedial efforts related to daily screening activities;
- When necessary, performing analysis and developing a deeper understanding of AML/OFAC requirements and implications.
- Provide training to branch staff on Sanction related topics.
- Point of contact with internal audit and regulators on audit and examination requests.
- Assist the OFAC Compliance Officer when needed.
- BS or BA degree with 2 to 3 years working experience in Sanction Screening.
- Knowledge of the BSA/AML regulatory environment;
- Experience using compliance related software applications;
- Experience using excel, outlook, PowerPoint, word;
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn quickly, SWIFT and Fedwire standards;
- Sense of urgency;
- Superior written and verbal skills in order to communicate with supervisor and fellow staff.
- Able to adapt and use branch’s Sanction Screening system quickly.