- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct due diligence research/investigations on all new and existing accounts high risk accounts and ensure that all required information for compliance with the USA Patriot Act, Section 326 and the Bank’s Customer Identification Program & Enhanced Due Diligence Program (CIP/EDD) is collected at account opening and ensure procedures are adhered to.
- Interact with business line personnel,AML,BSA,and Advisory & Risk teams to understand client behavior and communicate activity of interest and/or concern.
- Review transactional data to identify activity commensurate with customer relationships that pose a higher risk of money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Conduct quarterly high risk rating reviews and assist in the preparation of reports to management.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring/analysis of customers for possible changes to risk rating.
- Recommend and support escalation of unusual or potentially suspicious activity to the AML team for investigation and SAR filing.
- In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Apply core AML skills to financial products and processes.
- Communicate issues to EDD Manager in an effective manner.
- Identify suspicious or unusual activity and escalate matters for heightened review.
- Review the work of EDD analysts;
- Provide guidance and support to EDD analysts in the performance of their functions.