The Senior AML Investigations Officer is responsible for conducting analysis of complex financial transactions, identifying unusual patterns of activity, and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) as necessary while maintaining appropriate records and reports in accordance with the Bank’s anti-money laundering (AML) policies / procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Document and report the investigation findings and prepare case files for review (e.g. media search results, copies of statements/checks, results from internal system searches etc.)
- Manage a caseload of investigations in Prime
- Communicate effectively with internal and external partners
- Collect and examine financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Conduct research over available Bank systems, the Internet and databases such as Lexis Nexis and Factiva .
- Write and file SARs and recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required.
- Interact with Senior Management of the Compliance and business sectors concerning AML issues.
- Document all research and analysis conducted in the Case Management System.
- Follow-up with internal partners as needed to identify additional information in support of the case.
- Triage cases and identify items appropriate for Senior Management escalation.
Job Order ID: 1243