Assist the Chief Compliance Officer in the daily AML/BSA/OFAC compliance activities of the US Branch and other departmental functions as assigned.
- Experience and Educational Requirements:
- College degree (BA in Accounting, Finance, Banking) or equivalent;
- 5 – 7 years of Compliance experience related to AML, CIP/KYC and transaction monitoring;
- ACAMS Certification is preferred;
- Basic Excel, excellent written / verbal skills and ability to function with minimum supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of Actimize.
- Advanced proficiency in remediating suspicious activity and transaction monitoring alerts generated in Actimize.
- Knowledge of the Actimize customer on-boarding process and associated customer screening process.
- Knowledge of AML, KYC, CIP, OFAC, PATRIOT Act, etc. laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of the Alphabet Regulations (A-YY), NYDFS Laws, including Rule 504.
- Ability to work on a variety of compliance and business issues within pressure and time- sensitive periods, and to work with staff and management with different backgrounds.
- Assist the CCO in executing the Compliance Program with the primary emphasis on BSA/AML activities, including transaction monitoring and customer on-boarding.
- Keep abreast of new Federal Regulations, NYS Laws and Acts to determine applicability to the US Branch.
- Participate in the account opening and reactivation processes on an on-going basis.
- Periodically review standard KYC documentation requirements (Due Diligence) for clientele (Individuals, Corporations, Banks, etc.).
- Monitor Enhanced Due Diligence requirements for High Risk Customers.