Transaction Monitoring Investigator (Correspondent Banking)
- Knowledgeable with correspondent banking and overseas wire products
- Efficiently Manage a caseload of investigations.
- Review and investigate Alerts generated by the system. Recognize red flags for wire cases.
- Writing a comprehensive analysis of the account activity to support the disposition to close a case or escalate for further action.
- Document and report the investigation findings and prepare case files for review (e.g. media search results, PEP search, review and analysis wire data, results from internal system searches etc.)
- Determine and ascertain the adequacy of the TM Investigator’s investigation process and documentation for both the Alerts to be closed or escalated.
- Conduct additional research/review of transactional history as necessary in determining the correct disposition for the Alerts and/or request additional information from the TM Investigator if gaps exist in the documentation or research submitted with their recommended disposition.
- Provide the final disposition of the Alerts and close or escalate to a case.
- Assist Transaction Monitoring Team Lead and QA with case investigations and SAR drafting as directed.
- Provide support in the development, design and implementation of changes to the monitoring rules.
- Monitor and escalate anomalies and areas of notable deficiencies in the transaction monitoring space to the Transaction Monitoring Team Lead.
- Assist BSA/AML Compliance Officer to ensure that the branch’s BSA/AML procedures, manuals, trainings and programs are kept current and relevant for Transaction Monitoring.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required for the Transaction Monitoring and Reporting Team.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external partners.
Skills, Competencies, and Experience Needed:
- There is a possibility of temp to perm
- Maintaining a high degree of knowledge of appropriate BSA/AML and OFAC laws and regulations.
- Preferred CAMS certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experienced of related experience – AML, Transaction Monitoring, alert clearing, escalation investigations.
Job Order ID: 1294/1295